PYCO Image Colorspace Converter¶
Quickly switch colorspaces and file format for your textures, hdris, ...
Get the app
Download the app here: https://gum.co/pycocs
This utility is targeted at VFX/Animation artists for use in converting input images to a designated target color space. It includes export options such as file format, bit depth, and others.
The app only works with 2d images for now.
Known limitations & bugs
- Performance can become very bad with ACES ODTs.
- Running the app as administrator on Windows will disable drag & drop
- Converting tiff to png or even using png can cause errors.
- logging system is actually a joke so doesn't except much from it.
Development made possible thanks to
- ColorScience Package
- Fredrik Averpil's and Sidney Guenther's work
- Material Design Icons
- OpenImage IO
- Thibault Houdon Formations
Special Thanks to:
What's next ?¶
I find the app very basic for now and I suggested some new feature like .tx baking in the past. But I run into the dilemna of improving the current application based on a wobbly code or re-writing a fresh new application with solid foundations to build bigger things.Unfortunately i'm in in a period with not a lot of time which make the choice difficult.
Anyway doesn't except new update for this app, but maybe a new, bigger one in a year